Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Marge's profile

My name is Marjorie Mann ( Marge) and I teach at Brenda Scott Middle School at 7 Mile and Hoover. I have been teaching for the Detroit Public Schools for 16 years.
Last year my principal put me in the Media Center full time. She did this because I love books.
My problem is the Media Center has 35 computers that make me feel woefully inadequate. That is why I chose this class.
I also teach one Reading class to 7th graders. Before the Media Center assignment I taught Reading/Writing full time.
This year I applied to Oprah.com to become an O'Ambassador club at my school. This is part of Oprah's Angel Network and is a student fundraiser. Right now we are fundraising for a school in E. Africa. This club involves a lot of computer work.
I did not grow up with computers so this is a challenge for me and my aging brain.
The biggest reason that I chose this class is to help my students who come into the Media Center with questions that I can't answer. Since I am the teacher I like to stay at least one step ahead of them.

1 comment:

BBrooks said...

Ms. Mann, I think that I know you. I was Mrs. Mausi's student-teacher. Tell Ms. Butler and Mrs. Mausi I said hello.